Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 36: disc throwing. and such like

This morning, I woke up in Wallingford and proceeded to watch around 3 hours of a Hoarders marathon with my sister and her boyfriend. The sun was shining and we decided that we should stop being lazy and get outside, so we drove to a local park. Hozay broke out a frisbee and I will admit that I was quite reticent to participate. I am not what one would call "athletic."

At first, I was ready to throw in the towel because I just wasn't good. At all. After a bit more practice, though, I actually got the hang of things! We set up a triangle configuration and threw the Frisbee in a rotation between us. We kept setting goals for ourselves of how many catches we could get in a row, and made it up to 31! By the time we decided to leave, I was really enjoying myself and kind of didn't want to stop! However, it was pretty hot and I was wearing jeans that are slightly too big and they were falling down and feeling really heavy. That and Hozay had to cook the delicious meal we had later that afternoon, so it's all good.

I ended up eating a ton in the afternoon and then facing a two point five hour drive back to Dartmouth. Once I returned to the Russian, we went for a 4ish mile walk to Dunkies for coffee and conversation. Now I am back in the same position I was in only 14 hours ago: sitting in bed in front of the tv watching Hoarders. *sigh*

1 comment: