Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 33: of locked doors & blisters

Today, I had big plans to bike over to the Campus Center & deposit a check, then proceed over to the Maple Ridge gym and get my elliptical on.

Jesus had other plans.

Both the Campus Center and the Maple Ridge gym doors were locked. Curses.

I ended up bicycling around campus. Storm clouds were looming in the distance and the wind was blowing something fierce. Revelation: if wind is blowing against you, it is also working against you. In other words: riding into the wind is hard, man! It really required some extra effort.

I felt kind of tired after the 2 mile loop around Ring Road, although I'm happy to report that I think my butt is getting used to the seat. Woohoo!

Once I got back to Aspen, I just wasn't ready to quit. I enjoyed the cool breeze and the ease of my trek [in comparison to the past two bike rides]. I ended up going down to the Dell and cycling down the walking paths, winding through all of the houses, then back up the hill and through parking lots, between buildings, around and around the gym. I'm trying to build up some muscles so I don't feel inclines as much as I do now.

While I was biking around, I ripped open the skin on my left thumb. My first biking blister. I'm so proud!

I can't wait for the day that I can make the ride to Lloyd's and not want to off myself.

After my bike stint (which ended up being around 4 miles), I rested a bit and watched Daria and then did a Cardio kickbox warm up before doing a 10 minute intensive Cardio kickbox video. Even though it was only around 10 minutes, I was legitimately sweating by the time I finished it. I'm not sure if that has to do with the lack of air circulating in my apartment, my being out of shape or the actual intensity of the video. But either way, I'm okay with it.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I am reading a comical skit every time I read your blog. You are way too funny, dorky! I'm so glad that you are pushing yourself to the max and are learning so much about yourself and your body. You go, girlfriend! :)

    I come home on Wednesday night. My Mom is coming to visit from the 3rd to the 13th. She'd love to see you, as would I of course. xoxo

    ReplyDelete