Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 18: more than

I didn't have a chance to update yesterday because I was running around (not literally) like a crazy person. I didn't get back to West Springfield until 3 a.m. and then promptly passed out and stayed in this state until 2 p.m. I also think I'm getting sick, which is super lame.

ANYWAY.

On Thursday, after my final staff meeting of the year [ :( ], Laura B. asked me to go for a walk with her and we ended up doing a 6 mile loop before calling it a night.

At 7 a.m. I got up and went to the gym with Olivia. I decided I couldn't tolerate the treadmill and ended up doing 2 miles on the elliptical, instead.

Last night I had an uber fat night! I just don't get it. I've been working out every single day and eating way more healthy than I was for the entire semester and I somehow feel worse? I'm not sure how I didn't start working out earlier, based on my feelings towards my bod.

I wish I could see immediate results to keep me motivated. But right now, my motivation happens to be that I can't stand looking at myself in the mirror.

This just in: googled to see "how long before results from working out / eating right?"
Answer:

There is some justice: the longer you exercise, the easier it will be to make changes to your shape. That said, results are different for everyone. It’s a complex equation of existing muscles, your natural build, metabolism, fat distribution and many other factors. You actually do get an immediate health boost from exercise, but let’s be honest: how many are really after that? Most of us give up on exercise after a few weeks or even a few days because we don’t see the desired physical results. People like the aforementioned young lady are rare; most of us have to put in months before seeing any real improvement.

The point is, if you’re asking that question – how long before I see results – the answer is almost always: much longer than you want. Hang in there; change will happen. We all want to look good, and many of us want or need to lose weight. Those are healthy and admirable goals. But while exercise can and does help with these goals, at the end of the day, we’ve got to realign our thinking and remember that exercise, more than anything, is just a necessity for health, and despite what the marketers would have us feel, that is reason enough.


I'm not looking forward to going back to my dorm, as my ENTIRE BED is covered with discarded shirts that I decided looked disgusting as I tried them all on.

My fat day called back and I'm not sure I can hang up this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment