Saturday, May 22, 2010

Days 28 & 29: Movin on up

Yesterday was a busy but fun day!

I worked from 8 to 12, went to lunch at 12:15 then got ready and headed down to Retha's to help set up for the tea party.

We moved her dinner table outside and indulged in a decadent afternoon of sunshine, brownie cheesecake, strawberry tartlets and other such finger foods. Good company and good times!

After that, I headed up to my suites and began the irritating process of stripping my walls. I then began to start packing my room, at which point I became consumed with nostalgia and decided to call it a night.

This morning, I went to breakfast at 10:30 and came back to my room and got right to the grindstone. My room is glaringly empty right now. I decided to move all of the things that were packed into the empty room to my left. I have about 8 boxes packed and a bunch of random things (like shelves, etc) all ready to go. Pretty much the only things I have left to pack are clothes and the things I plan on using in the next two days.

I packed for about 3 hours straight and definitely got a pretty decent workout, so I decided to take it a step further and head over to the Maple Ridge gym. Especially since I'm going out for a final dinner with my staff members and then over to Piper Beau's tonight to drink with my Wareham bffs, I know I definitely need to burn off some extra calories.

I did 2 miles on the elliptical and one on the treadmill. It's a really humid day out, so the MR gym (which doesn't have much ventilation) was pretty stifling. I was definitely glad to get the hell out of there. Now I'm going to go ahead and take a shower and prepare myself for the night'o'fun ahead.

Two days until I move to Aspen. What a work out that will be! And I'll soon be equipped with my bike and about 20 seconds away from the UMD gym. I'm okay with it. But I will miss my room. And my staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment