Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 24: call of duty

And I don't mean the video game. Nor do I mean the bodily function (Dad!).


I mean duty as in RA duty. As in walking rounds.


Now, I've always wondered how much I end up walking when I'm on duty. On Friday night, we are on duty from 7:30 p.m. to 2 a.m. and end up doing around 4 rounds.


Here is a top view of the building (there are 4 floors):
On our second round of the evening, I strapped on my pedometer and decided to test it out. Bobby guessed around .7 mi and I guessed one mile.
In the end, the total mileage walked per round is around 1 mile. Score. That means that I have successfully walked 4 miles this evening.
It also means this is a huge cop out.
Good thing I have plans with Olivia to hit the gym tomorrow morning at 10:30 before I start feeling really bad about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment