Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 27: Lucy Little Loop

Today, I had a 1.5 hour period of time between dinner and duty, so my fellow staffmembers (Elena & Laura B.) and I decided to walk the same loop Olivia and I walked from Old Westport to Lucy Little to Chase to Old Westport.

It was absolutely beautiful outside. The sun was shining, there was a sweet breeze and the temperature was warm but not too warm.

We knew we had to walk briskly because the loop is a bit over 7 miles and we didn't have much time. We hustled along, mostly in single file because Dartmouth unfortunately is not home to many sidewalks.

The walk was pleasant and mild. It wasn't very strenuous, but I was getting antsy by the time we reached Chase Road, which is the longest stretch of the loop. By the time we made it to Chase, I only had about 30 minutes to get back to campus and knew that it wouldn't be possible for me to make my deadline. Luckily, working at the CFPA had given me an in on a secret path that leads from Chase Road to the back of Pine Dale. So Elena and Laura continued on bravely and I cut up the front lawn, into the woods and into Roberts.

After that, I ended up whipping out all of my walkthroughs for all of my rooms.

It has been a long and tiring day. I am hoping to hit the gym tomorrow, but I have a pretty full schedule: work 8 to 12, dumpster diving date with Kristin, tea party at Retha's at 3, dinner at 5 and duty at 7:30. During duty, I'm not allowed to leave the building, but I'm going to have to strip all of the walls in my halls (which might break a sweat) and then I will settle down and have a rousing evening full of 30 Rock. Sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment