Thursday, May 20, 2010

Backtrack to Day 25

Thanks to Olivia for a delightful guest blog! I miss her dearly already!

Skipping back to Day 25, I will have you know that Olivia and I trekked to Lloyd's Center for the Environment to do some trail-walking. Since Olivia had never been there before, I let her pick our course of travel!


Map of Lloyd's:


We began on West Swamp trail and meandered off onto Chaypee Trail and then back up to the main campus. On our way, we discovered a little side path and decided to follow it. To our delight, it lead us right down to the shore of Slocum River with a clear view of Cuttyhunk Island. The shore was a bit on the rocky side, but we cut up the shore a little bit and discovered that Lloyd's has its own dock with built in benches. We vowed not only to return with picnic lunches but also to bring our mothers to such a place because we decided they would enjoy the beautiful scenery and quiet atmosphere.


After we finished our first loop, we decided to do my personal favorite: Hardscrabble Loop, which circles the parameter of the entire reserve. We did it backwards from the way I normally go, which kept the trail interesting because I didn't really have a sense of bearing.


By the time we finished, we had only hiked around 3 miles, but it was nearly 7 and I had to be on duty for 7:30, so alas, our journey ended there.


But mark my words, it is not the last of many adventures at Lloyd's!



No comments:

Post a Comment