Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 35: house arrest

Today was entirely torturous. The sun was shining, the birds were singing and I had to stay in my apartment until 7:30 p.m. Boo. Hiss.

In the early afternoon, Kate and I decided to be dangerous and tempted to take a walk around Ring Road. Before we could even pass the police station, someone called me to check in. For the next few hours, I was up and down the stairs a hundred times checking people in and dealing with move in stuff. Oy.

After things calmed down, I did the Cardio kickboxing warmup and 10 minute workout that I did yesterday.

Around 6, I decided enough was enough and I needed to get out of the building! I stole out on my bike and proceeded to have a really really enjoyable time. At one point, I even closed my eyes and just breathed in the delicious summer air.

I have really come to like bike riding. I am still trying to build up my endurance, but once the biking itself becomes easier, I honestly think I am going to love it.

I did anywhere between 4 and 5 miles today, doing one loop around Ring Road, through some parking lots, and spending an increased amount of time in the Dell winding through a bunch of paths. It was wholly delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment