Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 24: back to the mill

Yesterday morning (I seem to be falling into a habit of updating one day after the fact. I'm going to work on that) Olivia and I resumed our practice of going back to the gym.

I was not terribly thrilled to face my arch enemy, the treadmill. After so much time NOT being on the treadmill, I think I have to start the couch to 5k over again. Because, let's face it: there has been a whole lotta couch and no k in the last week or so.

I was feeling really lethargic so I ended up only doing one mile on the treadmill. Then I hopped over to the elliptical and did 2 miles.

It was really hot in there. The windows don't really open and there is no air conditioning. Unfortunately, the regular gym is closed ont he weekends, so we don't have a choice. I'm pretty excited to have my bike on campus so I can go around the area when I don't have anything else to do.

Now if I could just find another job for the summer, I'll be all set! Waitressing is actually a pretty good form of exercise...in constraint and in general. I bet if I wore my pedometer to one shift, I would end up easily walking 3 miles. Gotta look into finding a job. STAT.

This afternoon, going to Lloyd's for a walk with Olivia. I'm excited to introduce her to the area. It's so beautiful. And it's beautiful out. Should make for a very pleasant excursion!

No comments:

Post a Comment