Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 30: Moving up, indeed

Yesterday, I awoke at the crack of 10 am and began the torturous process of loading my car down four flights of stairs on my lonesome. It took me over an hour and let's just say I was pretty much drenched by the time I was done. I never realized how much of a workout moving is. Not to mention that it was nearly 80 degrees, which made it a bit more trying.

After I loaded my car up, I met my parents at Aspen (my new home) and started moving my car full of stuff upstairs in addition to their car full of stuff upstairs. Let me just say that I feel like I have upgraded from the Moby Dick Motel to the Hilton. I LOVE my new apartment. I love all four of its bedrooms and how clean it is (thanks, Dad!) and how everything in it is mine and I don't have to worry about shitty roommates. I like knowing that everything will be where I left it.

Of course, I will love it more once I can feed all of my friends and hang out with them and invite them to crash in one of my "guest" rooms. This is an open invitation right here, right now. Come keep me company!

Anyway.

After lugging all of that stuff upstairs, we took a short lunch break and went back to Roberts to load up the cars AGAIN. Due to my organizational skills, I had separated out the things that were going back to West Springfield and the things going to Aspen, so we loaded up my parents' car with the things going to WS and my car with things going the mile across campus. Both cars were pretty packed. I am ashamed by the amount of possessions I own. I am going to try to whittle them down by using them over the summer, I swear!

In between moving, I made a jigsaw puzzle out of my room by trying to maneuver the crazy furniture around so I could make sure the floor was clean and also accommodate the girl who is going to have the room next year!

Once everything was moved in, I spent the next 3 to 4 hours putting things in their proper place and cleaning and organizing. I'm happy to say that my apartment is now pretty much in working order! I just have a few more dishes to run through the dishwasher and I'm good! I also went to Super Walmart with Kate & installed a new router so I can have wireless (yay!)

All in all, I must say it was a very productive and sweaty day. I wish I could just live here forever.

Thanks again Mom & Dad for coming down to help me for the 8millionth time with moving. I bet you can't wait to do it again in 10 weeks <3

No comments:

Post a Comment