Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 13: makes us

Well.

I woke up at 9 a.m. this morning and hit the gym, as per usual.

I started off with high spirits and hopes, taking extra time to do some stretches before beginning to tackle the Couch to 5 k plan.

My body just isn't cooperating.

It's really starting to make me angry. I mean, theoretically, this whole running thing should be getting easier, right? Why then, oh why, is it actually getting harder? I don't get it.

By the time I reached the half way point, my muscles were (yet again) aching. Traitors. I'm trying to do them a favor and this is how they repay me? By sucking. By preventing me from doing what I want to do.

And on top of that, I've had two fat days in a row. I'm not sure if males suffer from this, but I know for sure that females do. It's one of those days where you try on like 98 things and you feel awful and fat in all of them. It's one of those days where you look in the mirror and you just hate yourself and you vow to become anorexic and you vow to exercise 12 times a day (knowing that neither of those things will actually happen). But still, you think it.

It's really disheartening, honestly. It makes me think that maybe I just wasn't cut out for running. Maybe I won't ever be able to do a 5k.

Of course, this is just me being sour.

Tomorrow is another day and another chance to try pushing myself. I'm just wondering when it's going to start being rewarding.

And now, we interrupt this program to bring you a motivational picture:


Bitch.

Anyway, I finished off the morning with 2 miles on the elliptical. At least I have that.

No comments:

Post a Comment