Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 14: harder

This morning, I was admittedly too tired to wake up for my scheduled 7 a.m. romp at the gym.

Between 7:30 and 8:30, I popped on my headphones, my pedometer and my sneakers and went for a 3.5 mile walk around Ring Road, down Old Westport and back.

Revelation: the night was like summer. The sky was soft with cotton candy swirls and the air was thick with humidity and the lilies were potent and the shuffle on my iPod was hitting the spot.

Revelation: wearing jeans was a bad idea. Even my kneecaps were sweating by the time I returned.

I love this time of year.

When I got back to my room, I put on my first shorts of the season and have to say that I didn't feel entirely obese. So that's a step in the right direction. Next step: bathing suit????

No comments:

Post a Comment