It is completely unintentional that I should update this blog exactly one month from my last update. Since that time, I have made small but positive changes in my day to day routine in an effort to Improve My Life.
But first, let's start with some pictures. Because those are clearly the most fun and inspiring part of this never-ending fitness journey!
Today, I've actually put some comparisons together for you (and for me).
The craziest thing is that I haven't really changed sizes or weight from day 1 to now. I think the weight I'm at is the weight that my body is destined to be. I don't weigh myself anymore. I don't care about weight. I care more about how I feel and how I look (mostly how I feel). I am stronger, I am leaner, I feel better and more healthy. Those are the important things!
Now, the next portion of our show: IML Updates!
1) Do what needs to be done: It's official -- I am NC responsibility-free!!! Nala was spayed last week, all of my medical appointments are finally finally done, my car (aside from the hit and run damage I prefer not to think about) is all set with good ole NC and I can fully focus on building my life here without annoying administrative tasks hanging over my head.
I am making strides at work, settling in to a great life here and constantly searching for more and more ways to Improve My Life!
2) Maintain exercise of 3x/wk: This month has been GREAT. I just completed Day 16 of the 30 Day Shred. Once I've finished that, I will move on to the Ripped in 30 video. The possibilities are endless!
I've started doing a few things in the last week or so that I think are going to greatly improve my day to day and my overall fitness.
a) I've started drinking Kcup coffee instead of Starbucks -- cuts down on $$$ and calories. The KCups I've substituted are Donut Shop's 'Sweet & Creamy' -- they have sugar/flavor/cream in them already (magically) and are only 80 cals.
b) I've started taking the stairs at work instead of the elevator. I work on the 4th floor, which = 8 flights @ 13 stairs/flight. I am out of breath by the time I reach the top. Someday, I hope not to be! It's a small step, sure, but a good one!
c) I've started going for power walks during lunch. In the summer it was so hot and humid that I would do anything to avoid being outside and sweating like a hog. Now that it's fall and the weather is more temperate, I've been ungluing myself from my desk chair, putting on a podcast, and taking a nice 1 to 2 mile walk around the corporate park. I seriously think this is making me more productive. When I come back to my desk, I feel refreshed, almost as though I am starting the day from scratch. In addition, it tacks an extra couple of miles onto my daily workout regimen!
3) Make conscious food choices: I've been trying to go out for lunch a lot less. Going for walks instead of eating out = a lot healthier (and cheaper!). I've been making big meals and taking the leftovers in with me for lunch.
I've also switched over to Greek Yogurt for breakfast. I eat yogurt/fruit/kashi for breakfast every morning.
For dinners, I try to do high protein/veggie and low carb. Of course, I still allow myself to splurge (especially on the weekends!).
4) Enjoy my hobbies: Have done a few crafty projects over the past month. Am knee deep in a few new books, which is great. Jumped wholeheartedly back into piano playing and ordered some new books, which actually just came in today! Can't wait to try them out! Have been busy and social and active and having a great time!
5) Keep my close friends close: Trying to keep in contact with people when I can! It's hard to find time to chat with everyone's schedules being crazy. Thank the lord for internet communications! Also, thanks to my mom and sister who both made the trek to come stay with me (and fill up!) my weekends this month! It was fun to be reunited and partake in some of our favorite pasttimes (shopping, vineyard-ing, eating out, bonfires).
6) Do what I can for my health: I've been slacking on the dental flossing a bit, but other than that, things have been great! I've increased my activity and made strides to keep my physical and mental health in check. Positive attitude FTW.
PS: It's currently 45 degrees out. Am I in the right state??