Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 36: afro biking

Today, I went for a leisurely 5 mile bike ride around UMD. This time, I ventured to take my ipod with me for encouragement and entertainment. Good decision.



I put Afro Celt Soundsystem on shuffle and made my way around Ring Road, through the freshmen quad and lots, around the gym, up the academic quad and around the Dell (where I spent the most time, as per usual).




On my way bike, I ended up literally bumping into Kate, who had just returned from a 2 hr bike ride while I was at work, and we went upstairs and feasted on pretzels & grapes (a delicious combination!) until she had to leave.




After she peaced, I headed over to the gym to work on the rest of my bod. I started off with doing 5 minutes on the rowing machine, then doing the bike for a mile, then doing the elliptical for a mile & then doing the rowing machine for another 5 minutes. I was going to do some weight machines, but by that time, most people had been let out of work and were huffing and puffing away in the weight area, so I decided to duck out.




When I returned home, I prepared myself a delicious (and strange) salad consisting of: avocado, radish, soy beans, tomato, scallions, parsley, cucumber, mozzarella, sunflower seeds, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. SO good.




Also, do you remember my quest for the perfect water bottle? I ended up ordering the Klean Kanteen pop cap : and liked it, but for one thing - it leaked. Profusely. See, underneath that little cover is a tab that pops up for drinking and down for resting. For some reason, when the cover is connected to the tab and shifts, it opens the tab, causing water to leak. So I've relinquished that waterbottle to the cup holder in my car and started my search all over again. In one of my journeys to Dick's Sporting Goods, I stumbled across a Nathan stainless steel 700 mL flip straw bottle and fell. in. love. , proceeding to order one from Amazon.com


This is it, ladies & gentlemen, THE perfect waterbottle. Behold:
Admire its perfect size and shape, the securely fastened cover, the built in carabiner, the straw (that folds over, thus cutting off water from leaking out of it) when not in use. Yes, this is truly a thing of beauty. I don't even use normal glasses anymore. Why would I when I can drink water from this glorious invention?
The short of it: I definitely recommend this bottle to anyone and everyone who likes water & traveling with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment