Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 38: I'm Phillin' it

This morning, Addie and I went for a walk in the Dell fields. She took me down to the pit where people normally have bonfires and it was SO nice there. Then we hiked through some back woods and found an abandoned bus and later, a partially collapsed building. I tried to make my way into the building through the back, but the whole roof was crushing the back of the house, so I definitely plan on going back there - equipped with long pants and a long sleeve shirt in order to cut through the crazy brush protecting the house - and explore it. I love that kind of stuff.

Upon our return, we decided to be good and go to the gym. I did arm weights first because there were only 2 people in the gym and I wanted to make sure to get them in today. Then I did 10 minutes of rowing and 1 mile on the elliptical.

When Addie left, I decided to go for a bike ride. It's a very hazy and humid day and my muscles were feeling a little tired, probably because I'd already worked them a bit. I decided to listen to Phil Collins' greatest hits and ride for the entire cd (18 tracks). I went the same way I had gone yesterday, taking a left out of Aspen and through the freshmen quad parking lots and around the gym and down to the Dell. I did 6 laps back and forth between one end of the Dell and the other and took a small detour back into the Dell woods, where I did a loop. By the time I was done riding, my back was hurting and I was super hungry (I hadn't eaten since breakfast), so I headed back home.


I'm really thinking I might want to obtain an odometer for my bike. I'm not sure why, but I'm really obsessed with knowing mileage. Whenever I walk somewhere, I want to know how far it is. And lately, whenever I bike somewhere, I want to know how far I've gone as well. Definitely something to look into. Hopefully they aren't very expensive.

I believe Kate and I are going to go for a walk later this evening. Let's hope the rain holds out.

No comments:

Post a Comment