Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 59: sweat it out

Today I decided to go to the gym and mix up my routine a little bit.

I started off doing weight machines for arms and then legs (the gym got two new machines! a leg extension and a leg curl, which were both cool). Then I did the couch to 5 k plan on the treadmill: walk for 5 minutes, run for 1.5, walk for 2 etc for 20 minutes.

I have come to the conclusion that I really strongly dislike running. My calves hate it. And I don't think I have good form, but I'm not sure how to change it or what it is I might be doing wrong. I wish I liked it more, though, because it's a damn good work out!

It was really humid in the gym and I was sweating profusely by the time I finished the treadmill. I then did one mile on the elliptical.

Then I went on the upright bike and did 1 mile in under 5 minutes and then went on the reclining bike and did another mile in under 5 minutes.

I finished off the workout with a 15 pound weight side-abs exercise that Addie taught me earlier this summer.

I left the gym feeling super sweaty and good about myself. A nice workout! I definitely need to add the gym back into my weekly routine. Unfortunately, they're cutting the hours until July 9. LAME.

No comments:

Post a Comment