Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 46: Flat

Today, I went to the gym when I got out of work. I did extra work on my arms and tried to figure out how to use all of the weight machines. After that, I was going to go on the rowing machine, but someone was on it, so I did a few abs things and then did 1 mile on the elliptical.

I considered doing the treadmill or going back for more arms, but it was actually starting to get sunny out, so I ditched the indoors and headed back for my bike.

My first ride only ended up being 1.4 miles. I'm pretty disappointed. I was so eager to get on it and have a go, but was having a really difficult time with the ride. My muscles were killing me and I couldn't figure out why the ride was so tough, especially because I was in a low gear. I also haven't biked in a few days, so I thought that might be it.

As I rounded the corner, I hopped off and examined the bike and realized that my front tire was really low on air and my back tire could use some filling, too. Duh. I didn't even think to examine them before I went out for a ride. But I think that definitely accounts for my struggle. At least I hope so. I am going to go fill up the tires later this evening and I hope that tomorrow's ride is much more pleasant.

A few other things: I am having a hard time shifting into the higher gears. I went through a parking lot and slowly shifted over through all of the gears. 1-4 were perfectly fine. 5,6,7 were a bit on the fuzzy side. I would shift the gear and not feel a change at all. After a minute or so, the bike would kind of shift. I couldn't get it into 7 at all. I'm not sure if I just need to get a better feel for it or what. I might have Kate take it for a spin later tonight and let me know what she thinks.

The final disappointment has to do with the seat. It is really comfortable and squishy and has springs beneath it so I can hardly feel the road, but at the same time, I always feel like I am sliding down the damn seat. I need to figure out how to tilt it up a little bit so I don't constantly have to stand up and sit back at the highest point of the seat. It's quite agitating.

So anyway, that is my lame bike ride of the day. Let's hope tomorrow is better!

No comments:

Post a Comment