Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 43: gym rat

Today is the perfect day to have my bike out of commission. It was cold and rainy and just generally unpleasant. If it had been gorgeous out, I would have mourned the condition of my bike, but I didn't have to! Instead, I opted for a full gym work out.

I started off with arm weights and leg weights. I then did 2000m on the rowing machine, 1 mile on the bike, 1 mile on the treadmill and 1 mile on the elliptical.

I must say that I felt really good today! I felt very energetic and very FIT. I checked myself out in the mirror and noticed that my arms are starting to gain some definition. The reps are getting easier and I may have to up the poundage (not that I'm lifting much - 20 pounds for my arms and 50 for my legs). But it's a start.

I also noticed that the fupa I had created - the very same one that used to haunt me when I worked on the rowing machine or the bike - has, in fact, shrunk. It's still there. I'm not saying that this is a total transformation or anything. My fat girl clothes are still wearable (though they ARE sagging around the ass / waist. Score). I have my skinny girl skirt tucked up in my closet waiting for me to wear it. I will reach my goal. I will reach my goal! So motivational.

No, but really. I feel good. Exercising is getting easier for me, and that was one of my primary goals. Weight loss aside, I really just wanted to feel healthy. I think the combination of having a kitchen and being able to really monitor what goes into my body in addition to the amount of exercise I have been doing are starting to catch up with my body and show it who's boss. Revelation: I am. I am the boss of my body. And it will be 20 pounds thinner and leaner and fitter by the time RA starts in mid-August. I hope.

I ended up going to Super Walmart with Kate later this evening and purchased an odometer for my bike ($10) and a water bottle rack (which came with a bottle, in case mine doesn't fit) $7. I am taking my bike in to the shop tomorrow to get it looked at. Kate convinced me to check out my other options just in case the repair is more costly than the worth. I found a pretty awesome bike for $98 and it was Kate-approved (which is important, since she's so bike-savvy!). So. If my bike ends up needing a significant investment to save its life, we are going to have to part ways. That's not a threat, but I hope the bike is listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment