Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 42: back on track

Today I felt really energetic! I went around Ring Road three times, circled the gym, went down to the Dell and did laps. Although I felt really tired my third time around the ring, by the time I was back near Aspen, I legitimately didn't want to stop riding. I would have kept going, perhaps back down to the Dell for more laps, but my phantom gear shift problem has really gotten worse. Now, it doesn't matter what gear I'm in...the pedal keeps kicking back every couple of seconds.

While I was in the Dell, I pulled over and inspected the chain. I was worried that it might've rusted or broken in some way - I mean, I've had the bike since I was 15, so it's been around the block. I didn't see anything that was noticeably broken or screwed up. I tried fiddling with the shifter, going from 1 to 5 and then going from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 to 5, but no matter what pattern I shifted, the bike wasn't cooperating.

I retired my bike for the evening and decided to head over to the gym. I am absolutely going to get the bike checked out when I have a free afternoon. Hopefully the fix won't be too costly, because I'm not sure it's worth investing in. If it's over $50, it might be worth it to just get a new bike, even though I would miss this one :(

Anyway, I headed over to the gym and did four different weight machines before 2000m on the rowing machine (whatever that means) and 1 mile on the elliptical.

I am now ending my active day by sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee and the final season of Daria. A good day, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment