Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday funday


I woke up at 9 this morning and had a 100 calorie fat free blueberry cobbler yogurt before mounting my bicycle with father, despite the weather forecast. We were to meet my mom & Joanne at the Seabreeze Rec center for a second day of gyming!

Our ride was a little bit shorter than it was yesterday, but the wind made it absolutely torturous. I think it was the most unpleasant ride we've had so far. It seemed that no matter which way we turned, the wind was working against us. The terrain was mostly flat and the ride should have been a breeze, but nature made things difficult and uncomfortable.

Once we arrived at the gym, I hit the elliptical and did a mile, then did a bunch of different weight machines, including abs. To top off my routine, I did a mile on the treadmill - the first time I've run in quite a long time! Let me tell you, I did not miss it. Running blows no matter how you look at it.

After we'd finished our workout, we prepared to head back to Virginia Trace, only to look out the window and realize that it was pouring. The burst lasted only a few minutes, so we suited up and decided to risk our chances by biking back rather than wimping out and loading the bikes into the car. At first, we had smooth sailing, but once we reached Liberty Park, the rain began to whip at us viciously.

The rest of the ride was hilariously disgusting. I couldn't help but laugh at the circumstances. I was simultaneously unhappy and delighted by the weather. The only REAL issue for me was that my glasses got completely drenched and I couldn't really see anything. The wind was going at us, the rain was pelting us, and our feet kept sliding off our pedals. By the time we reached our house, we were completely soaked and mildly cold - as you can see in the pic above (though Senor had been hunched over his bike, so his front is surprisingly dry compared to the rest of him!) And what you can't see is how wet our hair and faces are haha. We were a mess - but it was worth it!

Lunch
- bowl of lentil soup
- celery with dill dressing
- Sun Chips
- 1 hot dog (without bun)
- 1 90 calorie twix ice cream
- 1 can of Diet Pepsi

Snack
- 1 90 calorie twix ice cream (again. oops).

Dinner

- 1/2 steak flank with mushroom sauce
- garlic bread
- asparagus

Snack
- 1/2 of a Lender's bagel with cream cheese


No comments:

Post a Comment