Monday, January 17, 2011

Last day :(

My final day in Florida, I had the best workout of the week!

I started off by going to the gym and doing 2 miles on the elliptical, weight machines (with extra reps!), and the usual 1 mile on the treadmill. I had come to think of the treadmill as a self-challenge, so I tried to - again - beat my time. I was able to finish the mile in 12:39 - bringing me down almost 3 whole minutes from my original mile. In one week. Impressive, I know.

Imagine what I could accomplish if I did it for a month? Six months? A year? Some day, I would love to get a 9 minute mile. I'm thinking about signing up for another 5k so I can have the added motivation, but who knows where I'll be next summer?

Back to Friday.

After the gym, Senor and I decided to go on our longest bike ride of the week down to Spanish Springs (the town square at the other end of the villages). We headed down and around the golf cart path toward our destination. The weather was absolutely perfect. The best weather we've had since coming to Florida!

When we reached SS, we walked around the lake for a while, watching some people kayak and a maiden voyage for an electric sail boat, then crossed the street to the other side of the lake. What we encountered there was enough to give Nancy Drew chills! Hundreds of dead and petrified catfish, washed up on the shore with their guts ripped out. We followed a trail of them around the entire damn lake. Senor commented that it looked like Armageddon - and we could only speculate as to what happened. We thought the water must be poisoned. So many fish! And all the same kind!

We headed back to the other side of the street and caught up with some kayakers, who informed us that armored catfish bury in the sand near the shore. Because there has a been a drought and the waters are low, the fish end up stuck on the banks and die. They also said that the ph balance of the water is off because so many birds populate that area and shit in the water, which could act as a poison for the fish. The reason they were gutted? The birds got to 'em. Mystery solved!

After that, we biked back to Virginia Trace, taking a different route than we had on the way there. We followed Morse all the way up. The terrain was fairly flat and the day continued to shine. It was the most enjoyable bike ride I've had in a longggg time!

Later that evening, I walked into town with Joanne to pick up dessert for everyone.

Definitely an active day! I will miss you, Florida!

Food for thought

Breakfast: one 1o0 calorie yogurt, 1 cup of tea

Lunch: grilled cheese with tomatoes, onions, spinach, pickles

Dinner: grilled pork chops, brown rice with honey soy sauce, breaded eggplant

Dessert: Mounds (chocolate coconut cake)

1 comment:

  1. I would honestly try to bulk up your meals more. Definitely eat 3 meals a day and always have protein in each one with a ton of fruits and veggies. Everything else will fall into place. And the Chobani is super good, and very filling. Just some advice from my weight loss journey to yours.

    ~Jackie

    ReplyDelete