Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 7: Awesome cake

Today, I put on a pair of pants that were a little tight for me towards the end of the semester and they are officially too big! I mean - don't get me wrong, my hips will hold up any pair of pants - but they now give me horrible sag-ass and bag in the legs.

I am hoping to some day fit back into the pants I've been holding on to since Sophomore year. I realize this is a long stretch, since I looked mildly anorexic back in those days. And you know what? Even when I was mad skinny, I still wore a size 6/8. Thank you, hips. I shall never ever be capable of wearing anything smaller than that.

I tried the Chobani yogurt this morning (pomegranate flavor) and wasn't too excited by it. It had a strange texture and I noted that there is a lot of sugar & carbohydrates in it. I understand that it has a lot protein, but I'm not sure why everyone is so into it. Enlighten me?

Speaking of food:

Breakfast/Lunch: 1 pomegranate Chobani with a handful of raw almonds and dried cranberries mixed in, 1 low-fat string cheese, a handful of creme-brulee almonds

Early dinner: 3 slices of low-fat deli turkey, a handful of Wasabi peas, an apple, a cup of mint green tea

I might have another small snack around 7, since I ate "dinner" at 4:30. I have to say that so far, the no eating after 8 thing is working out well. In general, this whole diet is working well. I am SHOCKED by how much I don't miss carbs. Zero cravings. None.

I am also feeling really really good. I worried that I would feel lethargic, but I don't. I went to Old Navy today and felt SO good about myself. Everything looked great. Additionally, I was able to score two sweaters, a dress, three fancy shirts, two long sleeve shirts, a scarf, and an insulated lunchbox for under $50, so that was icing on the awesome cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment