Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 8: One week in!

I'm having my week-aversary today with this no-carb diet, and I have to say it's been a pretty delightful relationship thus far. I did another weigh-in this morning and am at 152.6 (went up .2 lbs since weigh in 3 days ago...I can thank pizza, Coldstone & chocolate for that!), but I'm still pleased with my results. I mean, if I lost four pounds every week, I could be nonexistent in 39 weeks. Awesome.

I still haven't made it to the gym yet, which is a bummer. But how can I be expected to want to go when it's either -100 degrees out or snowing all the time? Seriously.

Today, I finished the last of my three Chobani yogurts.

Chobani verdict: Thanks, but no thanks. I found the consistency to be awkward, the flavor to be sour, and the price to be expensive [comparatively]. I had to mix a ton of trail mix or other things to tone down the taste of the yogurt. All in all, it wasn't a very satisfying experience. I think I'll stick with my Yoplait 100 calorie cups, thanks.

Food for thought

Breakfast: honey chobani yogurt with tropical trail mix, one low-fat string cheese

Lunch: one low-fat string cheese, apple

Snack: cup of orange pekoe tea, 1/2 of a dark chocolate-peppermint candy bar

Dinner: a happy accident! I bought tilapia, but turns out that magical ponies have a certain distaste for such fish. Improvised and made a veggie stir-fry with asparagus, bean sprouts, mushrooms, onions and black beans in an herb-garlic marinade. Honestly, it was like the most delicious thing I've eaten in a long time. Also had 1/2 of a glass of Merlot.

Suggestion: bean sprouts are a GREAT substitute for pasta. They take on the flavor of any marinade and still add some substance to your meal. I plan on keeping them in stock.

Also, I'm making an addendum to my diet. I know I said no eating after 8 p.m., but on nights like tonight when I don't get to even make dinner until 8:30/9, that doesn't really work. So here we go: No snacking after 8 p.m. No full meals after 9:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment