Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Food fail

Today is Tuesday. I woke up at 8:30 and prepped myself for the gorging of a lifetime.

I was picked up by my personal chauffeurs around 9:30 and we headed to breakfast at Too Jay's - a deli in Lake Sumter. Within the span of an hour, I consumed enough food to feed a family of 8, and I'm not proud of it but I'm not ashamed, either. It was all delicious and I savored every greasy, carb-infested calorie that entered my gullet.

- 2 cups of coffee
- 1 belgian waffle
- 2 over-medium eggs
- 3 pieces of bacon
- a few homefries
- two pieces of rye toast

Alright, well now that it's out in the open for all the world to view, I suppose I feel somewhat ashamed. But it counted as my breakfast AND lunch, so if you squint your eyes and pretend that I've separated those into two different meals, it might not sound so offensive. Oh, who am I kidding? I ate three day's worth of calories in that one meal, and as off 5 p.m. today, I haven't exercised one little bit.

My only defense is that I'm practicing for retirement.

Here's to hoping that the rest of the evening holds better food choices (probably not, since we're going to Margarita Republic for Sangria and live entertainment) and exercise (again, probably not).

Well, there's always tomorrow...

[Edit]

For dinner, I had two crab cakes and guacamole consisting of: 1 avocado, some onions, some tomatoes, lemon juice, a dab of olive oil, salt & pepper. I also consumed 2.5 glasses of sangria.

No comments:

Post a Comment