Thursday, January 13, 2011

Best workout in a long time!

Today was perhaps the best exercise day I've had since re-starting my regimen.

It was freezing (by Florida standards) this morning, but Senor and I decided to brave the cold in order to get a pre-gym warm up on our bicycles. We layered up and hit the road (err...golf cart trails) and headed to Sea Breeze Rec center. It was a great ride! Not very windy. It was quick and painless!

Once we got to the gym, I busted out 2 miles on the elliptical, did a bunch of weight machines, and topped off my routine with a mile on the treadmill. I challenged myself to do a thirteen minute mile (the last time I did one, I had completed it in around 15.5 minutes). I didn't meet my goal, but I did shave 1.5 minutes off of my last time, bringing me to a 14 minute mile. It's not fantastic and I am decidedly not bragging about it, but I am surprised that I was able to do it that quickly, considering that a) I hate running and b) I haven't run in a long time.

And the most surprising thing of all? I actually enjoyed it. Yes, I, a self-named hater of running, enjoyed a run. Ew. What made it enjoyable was my music. I had on the Ultra 2010 trance mix that Hozay gave me and the steady progression of pounding beats was enough to keep me going. At times, when I was walking, I was tempted to go faster in order to keep up with the groovy tunes. There was a decided bounce in my steps and each one felt like a dance move. Who AM I?

Food for thought

Breakfast: 1 small Lender's bagel with whipped cream cheese, 1 cup of dark chocolate almond milki

Lunch: 1 bowl of tomato soup, one hot dog

Dinner: 2 crab cakes, egg noodles, zucchini&squash medley

Dessert: creamy chocolate coconut squares. So sinfully delicious!

Maybe I should start taking pictures of what I eat, instead. That would be more exciting for you. Yet it would be more work for me. I'll think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment