Friday, March 29, 2013

Numbers

This morning, I was thrilled to step on the scale and see the needle settle decisively at 150.

Now for my skinny friends out there (pretty much all of you... jerks!), you are probably thinking Why is that exciting? 150 is a LOT!  But it is also the least I have weighed in 5+ years. I have been fluctuating between 155 and 165(at my most monstrous) for hundreds upon hundreds of days. And I have finally broken free from that range.

Additionally, all y'all bitches are short. I am between 5'6" and 5'7". At my current weight, I am finally "healthy" by BMI standards:



Starting weight: 165ish
Current weight: 150
Weight lost: 15ish
Goal weight: 140
Lightest weight ever (since adulthood): 130 (8 years ago)

In the last twelve months, I've clocked in 1,021 miles on daily mile between running, biking, hiking, cycling.

I can confidently run one mile in under 10 minutes.

I can confidently tackle a 5k -- and run a good portion of it.

I've certainly had my fair share of ups and downs and some more ups and some more downs, but at the end of the day I feel happy, I feel healthy, and I am probably the most fit I have ever been. I am ready for a summer full of SO MUCH outdoor time and thousands more miles to fly by with my own physical power.

Happy weekend! <3 p="">
 

No comments:

Post a Comment