Saturday, March 9, 2013

IML - Progress

One month ago, I posted photos of my fitness progress. Today, I wanted to see if I had made any strides since that time. Again, I was pretty pleased by the results.  I think my stomach pretty much looks the same, but I was pleased to see that my back-love-handles have - for the most part - disappeared! Hallelujah!

I have to admit (for vanity's sake) that it is SO fun and rewarding to be tracking my progress through writing and through photos. The writing allows me to reflect on my day to day and recap my efforts but the photos are where that writing comes to fruition and says "this is what you've been working for."

Here are the three phases thus far:

                                                                January 19, 2012



February 11, 2013



March 9, 2013 




Anyway, weekly IML updates!

1) Reduce Stress: not so much in this category. I don't feel terribly stressed at work and am keeping my tasks and workload under control. However, my personal life is a bit of a mess. I am supposed to pick up keys and sign a lease for an apartment in Meriden next Friday on 3/15. However, Liberty posted a position for Charlotte that I decided to apply for. I'm not sure when the start date would be, but this totally throws a wrench in my plans. I have decided that I will definitely accept the position if I get it, but in the meantime this means withdrawing my application for the apartment I was excited about in CT. It also means that if I don't get the transfer, I will have to start hunting all over again. Oy vey. I have been racking my brain for days and stressing out to no end about the pros/cons to leaving this are and starting over. I am both terrified and excited by the prospect of picking up and moving somewhere hundreds of miles from every one of my friends and family. I think it's a fantastic opportunity and one that I would regre forever if I did not take it, but I am still scared to purposely isolate myself that way. Stay tuned...

2) Maintain exercise goal of 3x/wk: I went to the gym on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - took Thursday and Friday off (was going to go on a hike on Friday, but for the stupid snow storm!) - and am heading back to the gym for today and Sunday, which means a solid 5 days of working out.

3) Make more conscious food choices:  This is where I had some real improvement this week. I am proud of myself for taking on this food challenge and exercising some self control and being able to recognize the weaknesses that I have and where they stem from when it comes to food. I am excited to continue making conscious decisions, planning menus, and leading a more healthy lifestyle. You only get one body in life, and I plan to keep mine as fit and healthy as is in my control!

4) Enjoy my hobbies: I didn't have much time to focus on my creative hobbies this week, but I do enjoy planning and cooking and apartment shopping and apartment hunting and gym-ing, so I would say I had a pretty fun week.

5) Keep my close friends close: I've been in communication with a bunch of my close friends this week, and I definitely appreciate their support and advice in this whole moving debacle. But it also reminds me that I will be missing out on being able to drive an hour or two to visit them, which is a huge bummer.

6) Do what I can for my health: I've been eating well, exercising regularly, and sleeping well. I may be the healthiest I've ever been!

Happy weekend!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment