Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 5 - cheat day

Alright, so I've made a decision on how to tackle this whole food challenge lifestyle change. I propose:

- I will follow this challenge Monday thru Friday for at least one month
- I will allow myself one full cheat day per week (day of my choosing)
- I will allow myself 2 cheat foods per week outside of the full cheat day

I think this is a pretty reasonable expectation. And I certainly think it is doable.

Friday started off pretty lousy because I had left my planned breakfast in the fridge. I was at work from 8 to 12 so I knew that I would have to eat something during that time period, but the only food I had in my desk was a honey-granola bar. I begrudgingly ate it and had a cup of cinnamon tea.

For lunch, I baked a chicken breast in mushroom olive oil and prepared a spinach salad with leftover roasted veggies and grated parmesan cheese. I also made some tomato soup.

By the time dinner rolled around, I had decided I wanted today to be my cheat day, so we went out for Mexican. I ate copious amounts of chips and salsa and half of a chorizo-chicken burrito. And let me tell you, my body was NOT happy. Not to go into unsavory details, but I did not digest any of said dinner. Which I think is good? It was like my body was literally rejecting my cheating. Thanks, body, for keeping my in check.

Saturday = back on the wagon!

No comments:

Post a Comment