Sunday, March 3, 2013

Improving my life one week at a time

I had a pretty good week this week! I am happy with the present and excited for the future. :)

1) Reduce Stress: Finally finally finally I have found a place!! It has everything I want (gym, pool, w/d in house, close to work, nice kitchen, patio) and is UNDER my budget. The tireless hours of Craig's List hunting and website scouring have come to an end and as of yesterday, my name is on an apartment and I will be getting the keys on March 14th. I am so excited to have my own place and paint and decorate and buy funsies housewares and settle into a new, adult life full of dinner parties and friends -- and soon to be accompanied by a fuzzy little companion. So yes, stress = over.

2) Maintain exercise goal of 3x/wk: I killed it this week, even though it didn't really feel like I did and mildly berated myself for not going to the gym two days this week when I definitely could have. However, I did a total of 31 miles between 4 gym trips and an afternoon hike.

3) Make more conscious food choices: I've been having a lot of fun in the kitchen this week. On Monday, I made a spinach salad with roasted veggies, portobello tortellini, parmesan, and a garlic parmesan glaze -- which I ate for lunch most of this week. I also ate a bunch of artisan bread topped with spinach, brie, and pureed fruits or veggies. And then there were the cupcakes... I'm pretty excited to embark on a no-simple-carb diet this Monday through Friday. I think it will be a fun challenge and force me to be creative in my food choices and recipes. Thanks for the inspiration, Kate!

4) Enjoy my hobbies: I definitely got my fair share of trashy television, friend time, cooking time, and Cow time in this week. I do need to get back on the reading ball and also do some more crafting, but I think that will start kicking in once I get the keys to my new place!!

5) Keep my close friends close: I had a wonderful friend week/end. Hoping to keep this momentum going on a permanent basis :)

6) Do what I can for my health: sleeping well, working out regularly, keeping up with my dental routine, and feeling happy with my apartment hunt resolution. Feeling happy in general, which I think is the MOST important thing anyone can do for their health.

Happy Sunday!
Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment