Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 3

This honestly doesn't even feel like a challenge anymore. I don't think about what I'm not allowing myself to eat because I already have my menus prepared. I also have been genuinely looking forward to all of my meals, which is awesome. They have all felt guilt free and satisfying.

The biggest shift is that I am no longer snacking. At all. Nor do I feel inclined. I don't feel hungry between meals. I feel in control of my eating habits and my diet. And I like it.

I feel like my biggest downfall is that I would graze when food was there because I knew it would taste good, not because I was actually hungry. This leads to binge eating, stress eating, pre-dinner eating. All of that is terrible. And unnecessary.

I was also worried that I would feel tired with the lack carbs etc. But I haven't felt tired at all (sick, maybe. But that's because I'm also sick).

I feel just overall good. And it feels good to feel good.

--

Breakfast: scaled down to 1/2 cup of  oats (1 cup is way too much! did not realize how dense and filling oatmeal is), a nectarine, and about 1/3 cup of pommelo fruit, cup of tea.

Lunch: 2 scrambled eggs w/ roasted veggies (zucchini, squash, mushrooms, broccoli) and bleu cheese.

Dinner: oven roasted asparagus, chicken with bleu cheese and a pear-balsamic puree (soooooo yummy!)

And I also went to the gym and did 20 mins of weights, ran 2 miles, did 1 mi on the elliptical, and 3 mi on the bike.

With the craziness that is my life right now and so many question marks hanging about me, it's nice to have this one thing I can control and that is improving my life one day at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment