Friday, March 8, 2013

Day 4

I spoke too soon. A cheater stands before you.

I started off the day pretty well!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup of oatmeal, pommelo, nectarine.

Lunch: veggie burger w/ stir fried veggies; pear

Dinner: 2 pickles; spinach salad w/ tomato, mozzarella, basil; homemade lentil soup

But that cursed snacking got to me!!

Around 2 p.m. I knew I had a meeting and once I became fixated on the fact that I wanted coffee for said meeting, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I ended up getting a cappuccino from the coffee vending machine. And it was delicious.

During dinner preparations, I spotted a bag of chocolate Cadbury eggs. Now, I am not normally a sugar fiend. I don't love chocolate as much as most. I would typically choose a box of Town House flatbread crackers over a candy bar any day. But again, that cursed fixation! I spotted the bag and I wanted in. So I gave in. And had some  chocolatey eggs.

I do think that I am going to make this a consistent goal for myself. I am certainly going to give myself cheats (I'm thinking 2 days/wk or 2 snacks a week and 1 whole cheat day/week? Whatever seems to be the most realistic). I definitely have been feeling good and eating well enough to want this to continue. I feel fit, I feel happy, and I feel (mostly) in control of my cravings.

So. The challenge continues. Stay tuned..

No comments:

Post a Comment