Monday, March 18, 2013

IML update

I am beyond mortified with the way that I abused my body this weekend. Too many (empty) calories, too many late nights, too much alcohol, to few work-out sessions. But you know what? I had a FABULOUS WONDERFUL weekend. So there are also no regrets.

1) Reduce Stress: The week started off pretty mild and low stress. Followed my usual work/personal routines. Thursday marked LM's annual VIP day, which means we got to celebrate our company's success through food, bonus checks, and raises. I also had my interview for Charlotte that day, so it was pretty crazy for me. Despite all of that, I opted out of the lunch in the office and went home for a nice 2 egg veggie omelette. I felt good about that decision and was planning on going to the gym that evening and making myself a nice low-carb dinner to follow when I was invited to a Happy Hour. I'm sure you can imagine what happened next. The rest of the weekend was also completely stress free and completely funsies, further reducing any stress build up. Now, I'm just waiting on the edge of my seat to see what happens with the Charlotte transfer. I am having some mixed feelings about everything. I want to transfer but I also have been having so much fun as of late and making more friends, so I will be super bummed to give that up for a fresh slate hundreds of miles away from everyone...

I am maintaining the attitude that I will be happy no matter what. If I go there, I'll put my best face forward. If I stay here, I have an apartment on hold for me and a good group of people to spend my time with.

And....personal triumph: I officially have MORE in my savings than was my goal. My credit card is at $0, my savings account is plush, and it looks like my entire paycheck for the last two weeks will get to go direct to savings, as well! I am SO proud of myself for finally conquering my terrible spending habits and getting my finances under control. Of course, I'm sure no one is more happy about this than my mom!

2) Maintain exercise goal of 3x/wk: I did well with this one, even though the weekend made me feel like a failure. I went to the gym 3x and also did 2 hikes. It was great to be outdoors again! And I can allllmost run 2 miles without stopping now.

3) Make more conscious food choices: I had a solid start to the week with this one, but ended up throwing all caution to the wind for Thursday happy hour, Friday drinks and dinner, Saturday lunch date, Saturday drinks, Sunday brunch and drinks and bar food. I'm clean-slating it today (as per usual).

4) Enjoy my hobbies: I started reading again! Sucked back into yet another wonderful world constructed by Margaret Atwood. A bunch of my shows are coming to a close and I'm looking forward to celebrating the Biggest Loser finale with some work friends tonight and making some Biggest Loser appetizers to go with it! Also had an awesome social week/end - which has always been my most favorite of hobbies <3 br="">
5) Keep my close friends close: I met so many people this weekend and got to spend time with/learn more about some people who I had only met once or twice.

6) Do what I can for my health: Meh, health is overrated :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment