Monday, March 4, 2013

Day 1

Day 1 of a diet free of:

- soda
- candy
- bread/crackers/pasta/other simple carbs
- flour-based products


Breakfast was pretty easy, though I hadn't been to the food store in a while. I scrounged around and ended up having a wedge of brie and three slices of deli chicken around 10 o'clock, preceded by a cup of orange spice tea.

For lunch, I headed home and had a can of lentil soup.

After work, I headed to the gym and had a pretty solid workout. The first of Monday of every month at Planet Fitness is pizza night (which I do not understand at ALL) and I was not even close to tempted to eat one of those greasy slices.

I then went to the food store and loaded up on fruits, veggies, and proteins. My groceries were about $20 more than usual for the week, but I definitely think it's worth it!

When I got home, I whipped up a ton of different things! For dinner, I boiled turkey sausage and sauteed some peppers, onions, and mushrooms and mixed them together.  I also roasted broccoli, zucchini, squash, and mushrooms in an olive oil garlic marinade and set that aside for the week, so I can have it as a side dish or add it to an omelette.

I also ended up making harissa kale chips and mushroom parmesan kale chips (made with flavored oils) and they were SO.GOOD. I did not think they would end up being that crunchy and delicious, but they were. They will definitely serve as a yummy snack for the hard days ahead.

Though I have to say that I did not find today a challenge whatsoever. I kept busy, I kept active, and I genuinely enjoyed  every single thing that I consumed today. I am looking forward to tomorrow and the next few days of this challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment