Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Diet overview

I'm not technically following the 4 Hour Body diet nor am I sticking to the ever-popular Atkins diet. This diet is one that I have designed myself that is a hybrid of a bunch of different diets. It's a diet that works for me because I know the types of foods that I tend to consume / am drawn to. I also know the substitutes I can make in my diet that work for me.

Here are my weaknesses: bread, fried things, pasta, desserts, late night snacking, chips, soda, dressings/dips, going out to eat

I do not eat enough: vegetables, fruit, water

Here is the plan:
- no carbs
- cut down on sugar
- no soda (not even diet. farewell, diet pepsi. you shall be missed!)
- more mid-day snacking
- less late-night snacking
- 2 cheats per week
- 1 full cheat day per week (no bingeing!)
- ...and continue until graduation / until I get into a regular exercise routine

Here are the things I am cutting from my diet until I reach 150 (or less!)
- all breads, breading, grains etc
- pasta
- rice
- potatoes/potato products
- cakes / cookies / most desserts
- fried anything
- soda
- chips / pretzels / crackers / snack foods
- anything with dough / yeast-based
- beer

Here are things that will be staples in my diet:
- yogurt
- string cheese
- almonds
- deli meat (preferably turkey)
- high-protein salads
- peanut butter
- grab 'n'go veggies (carrots, celery, tomatoes)
- berries
- beans (lentils, red beans, black beans, chickpeas)
- tofu
- grapes
- tea / coffee
- seltzer (substitute for soda)

Have any recipes that you think will work for me? Send 'em my way!

I'll keep posting any recipes that I use / useful websites that I find.

I know I've said it before, but...

...140 lb, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment