Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 2: food for thought

So despite a carb-less day/night, the scale read 158.2 lb this morning. I'm just going to pretend that never happened...

Aside from this disappointment, today has been pretty much smooth sailing in the diet department. My one complaint is that the salads here are super salty. I've experimented with different dressings (today is Lite Red Wine Vinaigrette) and haven't found anything that satisfied me. I am also trying to stay away from the Portabello mushroom salad option because their mushrooms seems like they are literally stewed in salt water, but they didn't have any tomato mozzarella salads today. Lame.

Food for thought

Breakfast: 100 yogurt, 1 stick of mozzarella string cheese, 1 cup of green tea

Snack: raw almonds

Late lunch: spinach salad with portabello mushrooms, grilled zucchini & peppers, carrot strips, bacon bits, and lite red wine vinaigrette

Pre-class perk: iced latte w/ soy milk & sugar

On-duty perk: medium coconut-mocha coffee (black)

Yep, I skipped dinner. I didn't really feel hungry until about 1 a.m....and there was no way I was going to give in to cravings only to go to bed and let it all sit in my gut. I think I definitely consumed enough calories for the day, but I don't think that I should have had two coffees and I do think that I should have some carrots or something after class.

However, I was still able to stay within the parameters of the diet...and that's what I care about the most. The coffee intake was a fluke because I typically drink plain tea instead. But when you know you're facing a 3.5 hour long class as well as a late late night after having been up since 6 a.m., I'm going to go ahead and say that it's entirely justifiable for me to want a little caffeinated pick me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment