Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 3: planning ahead

Three days in and the going is good. Or something.

I found this gem of a list: The 20 Worst Foods in America. Truly terrifying. I definitely know of a few things I will not be ordering in the near future. Some of it is no surprise, but who would think that a seemingly harmless salad could hide so much atrociousness behind its leafy green exterior?

I haven't really been tempted to cheat yet, so that's nice. I'm kind of enjoying the diet for the time being, though I miss french fries already. In the life of a normal person, french fries would not be readily available anytime you walk into your meal facility. In my life, there are vats of delicious golden french fries basking in the warm and inviting glow of a heat lamp begging me to eat them. But I will resist, friends. I may opt for a banana. At least they're in the same color family.

Food for thought

Breakfast: a fat free apple turnover-flavored yogurt

Lunch: kale soup!!!!, garden salad, green tea with mint

Dinner: bag of almonds, a strawberry real fruit bar

Staff snack: dark chocolate dipped oranges & strawberries

I'm not sure if it's sad or good that I am able to write out everything that I'm going to eat for the day before the day actually happens. I think it's somewhat healthy to plan ahead - and this diet definitely requires me to do so. I have to know what I'll be able to eat at Res so I don't end up eating crap because I can't think of anything I want. And because I won't be going back to my room until about 10 p.m., I certainly have to plan ahead with some portable snacks to sustain me.

Speaking of planning, I am going to plan on doing a fifteen minute workouts every night once I get back to my room. I know it's not much, but it's all I've got to give for the time being and something is better than nothing. Even just getting my heart -rate up a bit should be beneficial in some capacity. Here are the videos I'm going to use (they're ones that I did over the summer, as well): 10 minute cardio kickboxing, 5 minute cardio workout.

Also, here's a 15 minute desk workout for funsies. Might have to start doing this while I'm at the housing office. Maybe time will go by faster.

I'm also getting back into the habit of taking multi-vits, conveniently in a delicious gummy form.

All in all, things are looking up. Except for my weight. That best be looking down. Way down.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you aren't starving. That would totally not be enough food for me (especially dinner). Any way you can bulk this up so that you don't fall into a binge again (see Feb, the last time you posted...)?

    ReplyDelete