Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 10: annnd off the wagon

No, this is not a seesaw. This is my life. Up and down with this diet like there is no tomorrow. And I'm not proud of it.

One thing I've definitely noticed is that my sugar crazings have skyrocketed. I've never had much of a sweet tooth, but since I've been (trying) to cut carbs, I just feel like I need a sugar cap at the end of every meal. I've been having super cravings for chocolate and ice cream and other such goodies. I'm going to guess that it's because carbs traditionally have a bit of sugar in them, so cutting that out of my diet also cuts a significant portion of sugar from my diet. Makes sense, no?

I took both of my weekly cheats today. Too bad. I was doing so well yesterday and up until 6 p.m. today...

Food for thought

Breakfast: 100 calorie yogurt; 1 cup of almonds

Lunch: seltzer; one cup of black quinoa with peppers and onions in a citrus zest; one cup of kale soup

Dinner: feta, spinach & black bean quesadilla; chips & guacamole

After dinner: one sugar cookie; one chocolate chip cookie; one bottle of low calorie Gatorade

So I was doing pretty well until the evening time. Being around people who aren't on the diet is bad for my diet. I'm pretty good when I'm by myself regulating my own meals or with someone who keeps me in check. But it's really hard to resist when someone tempts me with a trip to a restaurant...because we all know that I'm a social being straight to the core. And let's just be honest: I. love. food. Which is why this is hard.

Which is why I have to try harder.

Tomorrow is a new day...

No comments:

Post a Comment