Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekly Update

Here's a recap on this weeks Resolve to I.M.L

1) Reduce stress: well, my long-term boyfriend and I broke up on Sunday. Which means a huge temporary spike in stress but probably an ultimate reduction of stress due to less travel and strain etc. I also sprained my ankle on Friday, which was a spike in stress, but a reduction of physical stress (which isn't exactly what I was aiming for). Not to mention that I was home alone for the entire week, which was less stressful than usual because I did whatever I wanted whenever I wanted without complaint from anyone else, but which aggravated my emotional need for human contact. So all in all, a rollercoaster of a week, stress wise.

2) Maintain exercise goal of 3x a week: epic fail. I pretty much from work to couch to bed every night. Mostly because I could barely walk for a few days. And the rest of the week, I suppose I gave in to laziness, boredom, and a short bout of depression.

3) Make conscious food choices: I had a pretty good week in the food department. I didn't go food shopping for the entire week, and my daytime meals went like this: fiber bar and tea for breakfast, garden vegetable medley side for lunch, can of soup for dinner. My calorie intake was very low, which was necessary due to my very low level of calorie burning.

4) Enjoy my hobbies: I played a shit-ton of Monopoly, read a lot, watched a lot of Parks & Rec, did some crafting and some cleaning and piano playing, and hung out with a bunch of friends. I would say I definitely made good on this resolution.

5) Do what I can for my health: I had a horrible sleep pattern last week. I was mentally and physically exhausted the entire week. Oh, and did I mention crippled? Yet I think I took pretty good care of myself. I called out of work when I knew I was at a breaking point and needed a day to recover. I made sure that I wasn't straining my ankle before it was ready. I tried as hard as I could to catch up on sleep and keep myself occupied and as happy as I could be.

Overall, a pretty crappy week.

And yet, this week has a beautiful rainbow at the end of it.

I do not know how this is possible, but in the last week I:

- lost 2 lbs
- lost .5 inches from my bust
- lost 1.5 inches from my waist
- lost 1 inch from my hips
- lost 2 inches from my midsection (navel)

Good job, body! I shall slack off more often!

In other news, back on the elliptical today! I did a home work out for 30 minutes while watching Dexter. Of course, I made sure to eat a stupendously healthy grilled turkey and cheese sandwich with french fries and pickles for dinner first, but still...at least I made some kind of effort.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome results, is this a monthly measure?
    -Rich O.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rich! Thanks :) I was originally planning on doing a weekly measure, but the ankle injury threw a wrench in things. I just re-started the 30 day shred today, so we'll see what happens. I'm hoping to do a weekly update every Monday :)

      Delete