Friday, January 20, 2012

FML

I seriously hate my life right now. I am so pissed at myself.

So today started off alright. I was a little sore from the previous day's efforts, but nothing too terrible.

I headed to PF after work and the parking lot was surprisingly crowded to the point where I almost said Screw it, I'll just go home and use the elliptical for an hour. But I decided against it because I was already there and I wanted to get a more well-rounded full body work out and get my $10 worth.

I really really really wish I'd gone home.

It all started so well. I was half way through the 30 minute circuit, running in place and feeling good when I guess I ended up moving backwards a little bit and I stepped right on the edge of the weight machine behind me and snapped my ankle.

Yes, the same ankle that I severely sprained in July and that also had a horrendous disgusting infection in August. Wtf.

So I immediately tested it out to see if I could bear weight, realized that I could, and took a few more steps. Ouch. I went over to one of the weight machines and elevated my leg on it and rotated my ankle to see how it felt. It hurt in a different place than my previous sprain but it didn't seem to be swelling, so I stood up again, went to a weight machine, and did some arms, thinking I would finish the weight portion and maybe just do a little elliptical before leaving, as it is low stress. Stupid.

As soon as I stepped away from that machine I realized I definitely needed to head out. I had developed a serious limp and the pain was spreading and my toes were starting to feel numb. *expletive expletive expletive expletive*

As I hobbled my way out of PF, one of the usual attendants asked me if I was okay and I said I had wrenched an old injury and he said "Yeah it looks like you'll need to take at least week off."

Once I got to my car, it all hit me. My god, I am once again a cripple. I can't walk normally, I can't work out, I probably can't even get up the stairs at home, and I am home alone with nothing to do for the next eleven days. *expletive expletive expletive expletive*

I then started to cry, called Art and asked him to bring me my stupid crutches which I had eagerly abandoned at the end of the summer and called my mom for sympathy.

It's a good thing I learned how to drive with my left foot over the summer, because I then drove myself home, legitimately crawled up the stairs to the family room and my bedroom, packed a backpack and crawled back down.

Now, here I am with my foot propped on a bag of frozen peapods and things ain't looking good.
The only positive is that this re-sprain is not as severe as my original sprain. I can put enough pressure on my heel without pain that I don't have to hop around like a one-legged pirate. But I can't do the stairs and my inside ankle hurts like a bitch whenever I move my leg. In fact, by the time I managed to pry my shoe off, my whole foot and ankle were swollen. Hurray.

Why is my body against me?

Seriously.

Every time I start getting into a groove, something stupid hinders me. And the timing couldn't be worse. I was SO looking forward to spending the whole week working out and doing the 30 day shred and entertaining myself with fitness while Becca & Hoz are gone. Well that is clearly out the window now.

And so, I must reiterate: FML.


No comments:

Post a Comment