Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Plans


I had planned to do my first weigh-in on Sunday. I haven't weighed myself
since I've started hard-core gym-ing a few weeks ago, but alas, it was not meant to be. The scale had dead batteries, and with those dead batteries came shattered dreams of a smaller number.

I have done a lot of self-reflecting in the last week and have also made some upgraded plans:

1) I am going to buy a scale so I have a consistent one to measure my weight on rather than using other people's scales and getting all different readings. Even if my new scale isn't the most accurate, having a consistent number to base my results on will be better in the long run.

2) I am going to start Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred tomorrow. I have been looking at Success Pictures on My Fitness Pal and I am so impressed wit
h the results! I am going to take my "Before" picture tomorrow and do my measurements and I can't wait to see the changes after 30 days!

3) In order to start the shred, I am also going to buy some weights (a set with a few different weights, that way as I progress to the 2nd and 3rd

shred videos, I can increase the weights).

4) I bought new sneakers and a new armband for my new phone. I want to be able to run a 5k by the end of this year. Some day soon I will write a post about me + running. Be advised: it ain't cute. But I'm excited to try out my new Reebox Real Flex sneakers and write a (hopefully stellar) review!



Resolve Review

Reduce Stress: I did pretty okay in this department this week. I stayed on top of my tasks at work and I was surprisingly able to wake up at least 20 minutes earlier than I have been (on work days) every day this week! However, my stress level went through the roof last night on my drive home from Boston. Scariest car ride I've ever had in my life. I seriously must have had like 20 heart attacks. Damn snow!

Maintain Exercise Goal of 3x week +: I was really good in this department! I went to the gym/worked out 6 out of the last 7 days. And the only day I didn't work out, I did a ton of walking (in subzero windchill - yay!).

More Conscious Food Choices: You win some, you lose some. I officially have no more food in my desk drawer aside from my breakfast bars and tea. No more stress eating at work! I also gave myself a few indulgences over the weekend and I don't feel too badly about it, considering I also made some healthy choices. They balance out, right?

Enjoy My Hobbies: I only played the piano 1x last week, but I have been keeping up with the blogs I like to read, went to a concert for one of my favorite bands, and spent a bunch of time with some of my favorite people. I am also in the middle of a great book - The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood. I consider this a win.

Keep My Close Friends Close: I was lucky enough to be able to see a bunch of wonderful people in the last week. I just wish they all lived closer...

Do What I Can For My Health: I kind of slacked off in the water-pik department this week. I always forget to refill it before I get in the shower. I did use it 2x last week, which is an improvement over the week before. I'm aiming for every day this week.

Thus sums up my first week of attempting to I.M.L. So far so good, I say!


2 comments:

  1. I love the Reebok Real Flex: that's what I wear to run! I'm hoping they continue the style so I don't have to "stock up" now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have been reading your blog every day and once you mentioned them, I started looking into them and was so impressed with all of the reviews! I am not a runner by nature so I am aiming to be able to run a 5 k by the end of the year and I really need some good sneakers, as I'm prone to shin splints :( But I am super impressed with your gym/running progress and hope I can someday have a realistic goal of a half marathon as well!

      Delete