Thursday, January 19, 2012

Double Duty: Day 1

So many things today!!

First off, I used my brand new shiny $8 scale today and it informed me that I have lost 1 pound since my last weigh in a few weeks ago.

What this means is that I am back at square one: I am pretty much EXACTLY at the same measurements and weight that I was on June 5 2011 when I first started my most recent exercise binge. Of course, a sprained ankle, a foot infection, unemployment, and then a new job certainly put a wrench in things. So I'm okay with being back at square one. Because it's better than being...at square -5? Or something.

Anyway, I also took my measurements today for the first time since July. Here they are:

Bust: 38.5"
Waist: 32.5"
Abdomen (navel): 38"
Hips: 45"

And...I feel super embarrassed posting these (but I think that's good...I think it will force me to continue to hold myself accountable), here are my pictures from Day 0 of the 30 day shred:

I think I was most shocked by the back picture. It isn't often that one gets to see what one's back looks like. I am not too fond of mine.

I think I certainly have a distorted image of myself and these pictures help put me in my place. I plan on taking new ones every 10 days just so I can monitor my progression and (hopefully) feel better about myself as I see real changes start to mold me into a better me.

Today: I went to the gym and did the 30 minute circuit and then 25 minutes on the elliptical while watching Parks & Rec.

I then came home and had Progresso Light Chicken Noodle Soup, spring mix salad, and reduced fat cheez-its for dinner.

And for dessert, a nice 20 minute torture with Jillian Michaels.

I had no idea what do expect from the 30 day shred video. I know that it has yielded some amazing results for many people and I so desperately want to be one of them. I have also heard that it really kicks your butt, but I thought Eh, I've been working out consistently for the last 3 months...I don't think it will be that bad.

Well, it was somewhere right in the middle of those two extremes for me. I had a harder time keeping up than I hoped I would, but it wasn't awful, either. Some of the ab exercises are super hard and so are some of the weights for the arms - which was surprising. Arms is the one thing I have seen a huge change in since I started working out in that I've been able to increase my poundage by 15+ in the circuit room, so I thought using 3 lb weights would be nothing. I was wrong. Those exercises must be triggering totally different muscles than the ones I normally exercise, because - eek - they were tough!

I am guessing I will be super sore tomorrow after a day of double duty, but I plan on doing it all over again tomorrow! Wish me luck :)

1 comment: