Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Scale

I'm not going to bore you with the details of why I didn't start the 30 Day Shred today, but I will tell you what I DID do:

- buy 2 sets of weights: 1 set of 3 lb and 1 set of 5 lb

- buy a scale

- receive my Samsung Galaxy Nexus sports armband in the mail

- spend 60 minutes on the elliptical while watching Dexter

My sister and Hozay are leaving for Florida tomorrow and will be gone through next Sunday. I am going to go to the gym after work tomorrow and do the 30 minute circuit / 30 minutes on the elliptical, come home for dinner, and then start the 30 day shred tomorrow night (it's only 20 minutes....I know it's going to kick my butt, but I have nothing else to do with no one home, so I might as well do double time with the working out).

I figure that by the time they come back from Florida, I will be nearly half way through the 30 Day Shred and will have really developed a knack for it. I'm hoping to be able to increase from 3 lbs to 5 lbs at day 15 of the shred.

The shred is interesting in that you do the same routine every day but there are 3 different levels. So essentially, you could do the 30 day shred on level 1, another 30 days on level 2, and another 30 days on level 3...making it a 90 day super shred. Or you could just keep rotating them. Or do the 30 day shred on level 1/2/3 for longer than 30 days...vary it however you want to meet your needs.

I am thinking that I will stick to the book and do the 30 day shred on level 1 for 30 days and then see how it's going and move on from there. I also plan on continuing going to PF a few times a week (have to make my $10 a month fee worth it!).

Also, I had a NSV (non-scale victory) today! My pants actually felt a little saggy and big in the waist/back.

And speaking of scales, tomorrow I will be doing my first official weigh in on my new scale and taking my measurements. I am planning on doing a weigh in one time a week but for the Shred, I will do an update every 10 days (on weight changes, photo progress, and measurements), as this seems to be the most fun way to track results.

Wish me luck! Tomorrow is going to be a sweaty day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment