Saturday, January 14, 2012

Weekender

With the except of my sister, Hoz and assorted work acquaintances, every single one of my friends lives at least one hour away. And Art certainly takes the cake in the distance department, living over 3 hours away. What this means is that I hardly ever spend a weekend at home. What this means is that I hardly ever work out on the weekends.

And the weekends are almost inevitably full of a few things: friends (duh), food (read: restaurants), shopping (always spending money on something or other), and sedentary activities.

Not that I'm complaining. I love every single one of those things.

But what gets to me is that the weekend can singlehandedly destroy all of the effort that I put in for an entire week. Which is probably just another reason why I am not seeing very many results from my work.

During the week, I try to limit myself to going out for one meal only, whether it be a sister-date with Becca @ Panera or a happy hour with work people @ Sliders.

The weekend, however, is a horrible mess of zillions of calories and zero physical activity.

Which is why I've started making a concerted effort to incorporate my weekly routine into my weekend routine.

For the last two weekends, I have managed to get at least two work-outs in.

Last Friday, I went to the gym after work, went to the gym Saturday morning, and went as a guest @ Natalia's gym on Sunday. This weekend I was originally planning on heading to the Cape directly from work, but I decided to head there on Saturday afternoon instead, thus allowing myself ample time for gym-ing.

After work yesterday I headed to the gym and I spent the evening at home doing various chores like cleaning and laundry. I opted not to go to Hibachi with my sister and Hoz and instead made myself a turkey-pepper jack melt w/ banana peppers on Healthnut bread, a pickle, and reduced fat cheez-its. Not a totally healthy dinner, but certainly less caloric than a hibachi dinner!

This morning, I went to the gym for a 1.3 hour session, tried a sample size of the new Starbucks blonde (delicious!) and made myself a bowl of vanilla yogurt with pear, blueberries, and Kashi go-lean crunch.

And now, I'm finally ready to head to the Cape for a gluttonous rest of the weekend.

My one consolation: knowing that I worked out 2x more than I would have if I'd left on Friday makes me feel so much better about myself. Annnnd I plan to hike Walden Pond/go to the gym with Kate on Monday [day off].

So all in all, I'm going to consider the last two weekends a success.

Stay tuned for my weekly update (and 1st weigh in 2 wks!) tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment