Sunday, January 29, 2012

Recovery

I have had an awful and sedentary week over the last 7 days. I did not exercise from Monday through Saturday. I certainly could have continued with the modified 30 day shred, but honestly, it wasn't terribly fun without being able to really do the cardio exercises. And on top of that, I was lazy.

Lucky for me, I also didn't eat a whole hell of a lot last week. I subsisted on mostly frozen veggies and soup until the weekend.

So the good news is that the jeans I bought two weeks ago are too big for me already.

The bad news is that I'm probably out of shape.

The worst news is that I probably won't be able to start up with the 30 day shred for another week or so until I'm fully healed (today was the first day I was able to walk without a brace, and I still had some pangs of pain when I stepped the wrong way) and I certainly won't be running for at least another 2 weeks.

Easing in seems to be the way to go.

I was able to go to the gym on Saturday, and it felt so damn good to be back. I was a little pressed for time, so I did a thirty minute circuit and 15 minutes on the elliptical. It wasn't too strenuous, but it was just the right amount to have me feeling good and working up a little bit of a sweat.

I've decided that I am going to keep wearing my brace at the gym for a little while, just until I can be sure that there is no imminent threat of re-injury.

I am looking forward to resuming my normal schedule of 3x/wk this week and rebuilding my routine. It won't be the same, but it will absolutely be better than nothing.

Stay tuned for my next weigh in tomorrow! (I am not entirely optimistic, as I spent the weekend indulging in Starbucks, sushi, Subway, and other assorted goodies. But. The jeans are still too big, and that means something. I think.)

No comments:

Post a Comment