Wednesday, February 1, 2012

30 Day Shred - Days 1&2: Do Over

So I decided to re-start the 30 day shred, since the last time obviously didn't go so well. And I've already broken a personal record by actually completing it 2x in 2 days!

Yesterday was the first time I hopped back on the horse and did the full work out. I was worried my ankle would be too weak to do some of the more stressful moves, like jumping jacks and jogging, so I modified them slightly.

The work out went really well. Of course, I was puffing like a steam engine and my abs and arms hurt like a bitch at the end of it, but all's well that ends well, I say. And I even did a bonus of 20 minutes on the elliptical.

Today I was ready to duke it out for the second round. I didn't feel sore at all today. But as soon as I started doing those exercises, my muscles were screaming. They were pissed off.

You would not think that a 20 minute work out could wear your muscles out so entirely. Well that damn Jillian Michaels knows what she's doing, let me tell you. I have muscles that hurt in my arms that I didn't even know existed. I mean, I have been doing 1.5 hour workouts at the gym pretty consistently for the last 3 months, and I wouldn't think that one minute of reps with a 3 lb weight would cause any sort of pain, but it does.

After I finished my 2nd shred, I could DEFINITELY feel it. Right now it hurts to sit and stand and walk and change positions. And, of course, go up and down stairs. I am a little bit concerned about what I'll feel like when I start my 3rd day tomorrow, but I must persevere! As Jillian says, if you want results with only a 20 minute workout, you have to work really hard. So I will.

1 comment:

  1. Ah why didn't we do this this summer when we lived together?! Oh, I know, because we were too busy eating!! Good luck with this! Can't wait to see that bangin bod of yours hahaha

    ReplyDelete