Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Weekly Updates

Well, friends, I had yet another unsuccessful gym week. I admit it: I've been slacking. Unfortunately for my waistline, I believe it is finally starting to catch up with me. Let's take a look at the last week...

Monday: did the 30 minute shred

Tuesday: had dinner made for me

Wednesday: went to a Happy Hour after work and drank 3 beers and ate french fries and buffalo tenders [fail]

Thursday: had dinner made for me

Friday: went to Azteca's in Manchester and ate delicious Mexican food

Saturday: had Frank Pepe's pizza for lunch and ate late night McDonald's chicken poppers and french fries during a long road trip

Sunday: had Panera for lunch and then went to a tea party and drank at least an entire pot of tea and a bunch of assorted cheeses, fruits and pastries

Ugh, I feel revolting just writing those things. In fact, writing that down has helped put things in perspective. The only thing I am exercising is my wallet. And my lack of resolve.

So while I clearly had a super fun and delicious week, my body was most likely cringing while I shoveled those useless calories into my face.

And the results? I gained two pounds. I deserve it. I can't even bear to re-read that list.

This week, I am trying to be better.

And so far, I am succeeding. Then again, it's only Tuesday.

In more positive news, my ongoing attempt to IML is going VERY well:

1) Reduce Stress: I am certainly hitting my stride at work and working longer hours to keep myself from feeling overwhelmed - while this may sound more stressful, I actually enjoy being able to buckle down and get work done w/ no phone interruptions. I had a very low key week otherwise spent in good company and I don't believe I felt much stress at all!

2) Maintain exercise goal of 3x a week: womp womp.

3) Make more conscious food choices: I consciously decided to eat SO MANY DELICIOUS THINGS. And I only somewhat regret those decisions.

4) Enjoy my hobbies: Did a bunch of shopping this weekend, hung out with my lady friends, listened to great tuneage, bought tickets for the Newport Folk Festival :)

5) Keep my close friends close: I spent a bunch of time with my sis and Kate and Addie this weekend and it was wonderful. I <3 my girlfriends. Where would one be in life without them? Depressed and alone, I imagine.

6) Do what I can for my health: I suppose my mental health is in great shape these days. I am happy. I am feeling more confident and feeling better about myself, despite my crappy diet this week. Oh! And I got a super fetch haircut that I think is quite dashing (and super easy to maintain). I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say that now my hair is more healthy than it's been in quite some time, so that has to mean something..

And now, to continue the rest of this week with hopefully sunnier results (and the loss of those 2 miserable pounds that reglued themselves to my figure).


No comments:

Post a Comment