Monday, July 11, 2011

This shit is legit: Starting Over [for realz]

Yesterday was the first full day I was able to go about my life without crutches, an air cast, or a brace since my sprain. It took far too long for that little bugger to heal, but I didn't let it me slow me down [that much]. For two weeks, I hopped around on my left foot like a moron and by the third week I was able to hobble which turned into a limp which gradually turned into a fairly steady gait. I was also able to get back on my bike during week 3, which was a welcome activity compared to the sedentary weeks before it.

I am happy to report that I have been in full swing since regaining my ability to walk.

I am determined to lose at least 10 pounds before September 1 and have re-signed up for myfitnesspal.com -- I am watching my food consumption and exercising.

MY PLAN OF ATTACK

a) 10 miles a day / 5 days a week. This 10 miles can be walking, biking, elliptical or a combination of the three. I am just trying to get to 50 miles a week with exercise.

b) 1200 calories a day / 5 days a week. I enter my food into mytfitnesspal and it tells me how many calories I have consumed as well as how many I can consume for the rest of the day. The number increases depending on how much exercise I get. I am also giving myself 2 cheat days a week. Not so that I can "go crazy" and eat whatever I want, but two days where I'm not counting calories and obsessing over my consumption.


As you can see, I did a ton of cardio, which allowed me an 628 calories for the day. However, I haven't eaten anything else and am still 670 calories under my maximum for the day. Cheers to that!

According to the website, if I had a day like today every day, I would weigh 145 in 5 weeks. That would be a total loss of 15 pounds in a little over a month, which is crazy awesome. Not that I have the leisure to have a day like today every day. And hopefully I will have a lot LESS leisure because someone will hire me for a full time job in the near future! But still, seeing that data is both interesting and motivating!

c) weekly weigh-ins to keep me on track. I will do my first weigh-in on Wednesday morning.

d) weekly progress pictures. I will take pictures from the front, side and back. If looking my flab in the eye isn't motivation enough, I don't know what is!

e) keeping up with this damn blog again!

What are my motivators?

I started re-reading old blog posts from when I was doing the no-carb diet. While that was obviously unreasonable and didn't work out, I realized that I was 152 pounds in those entries and trying to lose weight. Now I have broken 160 and wobble between 159 and 162 on a daily basis. The thought disgusts me.

I've also started following this site - a sub-reddit dedicated to weight loss. The before and after pictures are SO incredible and inspiring.

Just in general, I have felt uncomfortable in my body since last September when I moved back on campus and began the steady scale climb.

Alright, time to bare it all. Here's the skinny:

Weight: 160ish (haven't weighed myself in over a week)
Bust: 38"
Waist: 32"
Navel-area: 36"
Hips: 45"

I will post pictures soon. Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment