Saturday, July 16, 2011

Calculations

So today was another successful gym today. In fact, I'd say today was more successful than yesterday!

Although the day started with frosted flakes+ skim milk, bacon, apple juice, and coffee - I was determined not to let the unhealthiness of the morning get the best of me!

This afternoon I did 40 mins on the elliptical (10 more mins than I did yesterday), 15 minutes on the bike (3 minutes and 1 mile more than I did yesterday), 15 minutes of weights, and 20 minutes of swimming.

I feel good. Pretty pretty pretty good, in the words of Larry David. Now if only my body could start to LOOK as good as it FEELS.

---

I've been using MFP to track my fitness things and noticed that sex isn't on there. One of my friends posted "ya know" as the name for the activity, and I couldn't find that in the database either. So I decided to google how many calories one actually burns during it. My search led me to a pretty awesome calorie calculator! It has a lot of other things on there aside from sex, obviously (though foreplay's in there, too!), but it calculates calories based on your weight - something that MFP doesn't take into account.

I promptly bookmarked the page and will certainly be referring to it in the future. It makes me wonder if the exercises I do are actually worth more or less calories than what MFP gives me credit for?

*checks it out*

OKAY people, for 40 minutes of elliptical:

- Calorie calculator says 540
- MFP says 430

Looks like I'll be doing some more referencing from now!

Speaking of ellipticals, does anyone else have the problem of your feet - not falling asleep - but becoming numb or at least uncomfortable whilst on the elliptical for certain periods of time? It happens to me quite frequently, regardless of what shoes I'm wearing and I find it to be quite irritating.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with the feet falling asleep, if you have a solution let me know.

    I know in WW sex didn't count for activity (think of it as an added bonus workout) because there is a lot of hormones and stuff going on that contribute to the sweat factor and shortness of breath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be conservative with the estimates and calculations... Go with the one that says u burned less so u don't think u burned more than u actually did

    ReplyDelete