Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Gravity

must be playing a joke on me. And a mean one, at that.

This morning, I stepped onto the scale for my third weigh-in since I've started using my fitness pal, eagerly anticipating some encouraging results.

In the three weeks I've been counting calories and exercising diligently, my non-scale victories include:

a) all of my clothes fit (and look) better - and the shorts that i bought at the beginning of the summer that were a little snug are now on the verge of being too big
b) i have more energy
c) i've been taking photos of myself in a bra and gym shorts once a week and you can clearly see my progress in these photos
d) i've been under my calorie max and over my exercise min every single day
e) i've been doing a really good job, dammit!

So this is why I was shocked / horrified / sickened / pissed that the scale informed me Not only have you NOT lost any weight, you have, in fact, gained 1 pound.

Ok, seriously?!?!?!?!?!?!

I know there are so many factors: water retention, muscle weighing more than fat, yadda yadda yadda yadda. But I don't want factors to justify gain. I want loss to justify the three weeks that I have been attempting to make myself better.

I'm not sure whether this is more motivating or less motivating. Part of me feels disheartened. I mean, I could've been stuffing my face and sitting around on the couch for the last three weeks feeling horrible about myself if I wanted to gain weight. But I haven't been doing such things. I've been doing everything right. So why oh why must you do me wrong, body?

I'm just gonna blame gravity. And weigh in again on Friday, to [hopefully] more pleasant results.

2 comments:

  1. Measure! Thighs/Waist/Bust/Arms/Hips once every 2-4 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did it! And I'm pretty happy with the results! I wrote allll about it in the entry after this one :)

    ReplyDelete