Monday, July 11, 2011

Work-out Recap

So, I've mapped out my plan in the last entry. Today was my first day actually counting calories with My Fitness Plan and so far, so good.

I wasn't REALLY monitoring my food intake prior to this, though I have been eating a LOT healthier since school let out. For the last few weeks, here is my typical diet:

Breakfast: Fiber bar

Lunch: yogurt with nectarine, raspberries, strawberries, health nut mix

Snack: iced tea, chips and salsa

Dinner: something like pizza or pasta or a Lean Pocket or a sandwich etc

Also for the last few weeks, I have been maintaining my 10 miles a day / 5 days a week goal. Three weeks ago I biked 50 miles, two weeks ago I biked 50 miles and went to the gym three days that week, and this past week I biked 60 miles and went to the gym twice.

I've been biking a lot of beautiful trails and tomorrow will return to the Cape Cod Canal trail for an absolutely stunning 14 mile ride up and down the canal. I will make sure to post pictures :)

Originally, I was hoping to lose 10 pounds by the time I left for Martha's Vineyard. I expected my sudden change from inactivity to super exercising to have a much more drastic affect and the pounds to plunge to death, but no go on that one. I have been consistently working out and taking better care of my self for three weeks, and while I certainly feel a lot better and look a lot tanner, the scale is one rotten little nay-sayer keeping my spirits down.

I keep looking at success pictures on the r/loseit site and feeling desperate for my own success pictures, yet fear I will never have any exciting enough to post. I'm not obese and the most I could ever lose is probably 40 pounds. These people are losing 70+ pounds, so their pictures are extreme and extremely awesome. I'm happy that I never let myself go enough that I would need to lose 70 pounds, but I want my own success pics, too, gosh darnit! Some day.

So now my new goal is to lose 10 lb by September 1. Sounds reasonable, right? And with MFP by my side (and on my phone) it looks like I will definitely be able to meet that goal, as long as I don't sprain another ankle!




No comments:

Post a Comment